Tuesday, December 23, 2008

God Send :)

So I prayed that my husband and I could have some peace and quiet to ourselves, while stressing over the Big Bear trip. God answered my prayers. The Big Bear trip was cancelled due to a snow storm that would have us snowed in up there until next Saturday! Then, 10K was so upset he said he wanted to spend Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed at his mothers house instead of with us. It's been wonderful! Yesterday we rented movies and just cuddled and watched them together, then had my brother and his girlfriend over and we spent the whole night laughing and having a great time together. Today he went and got me coffee while I took a bath (We didn't get up until 11!) and we rented more movies and just relaxed together. We've laughed more in the past 24 hours than we have in a month. He is napping right now, and so I decided to hop on the computer and write a little bit.

Thank you for your input about badly behaved step-kids. It's really hard to know when to draw the line. I know I am a control freak and a perfectionist by nature. I try not to let it get out of hand, and C says I'm too hard on 10K. I can be. I realize that. I'm also too hard on C sometimes as well. Not to mention myself. :) I could make a list 10 miles long of my pet peeves and seriously, some of them are really stupid. But just because I know it's ridiculous sometimes doesn't stop me from getting mad over them, or help me change my behavior. I'm one of those people who is OCD about everything. All the movies have to be alphabetized, the CD's, hell, the toothbrushes have to go in a certain order. Most of the time I can take a deep breath and fix whatever is wrong myself, without getting mad at whoever messed it up, but when I'm so stressed that the wrong size spoon in the wrong slot is enough to send me over the edge. I'm going to try really hard to work with the lady I'm talking to about relaxing and letting things not be perfect. I explained what was going on and she said that C has what she called "guilty dad syndrome" which I can clearly see. We have barely talked about the kids today and yesterday night. Just focused on what WE wanted to do and that was great. I feel like kids and plans are all we ever talk about anymore.

We took them to see a movie and my sister, Princess and her friend joined us. C looked down the aisle at the 5 kids and turned to me to say, "This is what it's going to look like" and we both cracked up. I told him we would probably never take all 5 to see a movie...I can't wait for the day when we have our own babies together. We already picked out names. I want a boy then a girl or 2 boys. Christian and Caden for boys, and Kinsey for a girl. :) Pretty names huh. We gotta stay with the /k/ sound because it wouldn't sound right to have 5 K's then Bob!

Well Merry Christmas everyone!! Sorry for the random ramblings of this post, I've had a few mimosas and am feeling just love-r-ly!

Best Holiday Wishes,
K

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog and I feel for you...good for you take some time for you and husband. Your whole marriage cannot be based just on the kids and the schedule they need, but one that works for you both equally as a couple.

I have 3 stepchildren, the oldest is a boy and then the other 2 are girls, plus I have an age gap with my husbad, so I relate to your blog!

Happy Holidays...keep relaxing!!

Mrs M said...

aww, you sound so happy today honey. Hang on to this & when the going gets tough remember.
You will get there & the Step-kids will love and respect you for everything you have done for them. You are a great Mum
& should be so very proud of yourself.
Happy Christams honey.

Blended-Families.com said...

Movies and lots of laughter are good during the holidays. When these are all over, we all will get back to the daily routines of our careers and stepmothering".

Cynnie said...

I've worked with emotionally disturbed kids ..and I am a stepmom ..
one thing I've learned and you're not going to like this .
but let your husband deal with his children.
you need to stop being the lead parent.
I'm not saying ignore them or not have any say at all .
but you two as a family need to make the rules , then your husband just needs to be the one to make sure the rules are followed.
Chances are you're going to do what you've been doing, all i'm saying is i see the future and babe ..its not going to be pretty

( and I'm not being critical of you ..i promise ..
I've just been there ..i survived it )

Meesha said...

It sounds like you really have your hands full! I've been there & feel for you. I'll be back to read more!