Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Restraining Orders

So, I guess it's a good thing I learned how to do court paperwork while filing for child support back with C. I filed divorce and a restraining order last week. Well, C broke the order on Friday by calling and leaving a message on my phone. I decided to give him a warning, so I called his parents, let them know there was a restraining order and that next time I will be calling the cops. Fair warning right? Well, he was served last night, and today he thought it would be a good idea to COME TO MY HOUSE and drop off a 20 page letter detailing our entire relationship (excluding the physical abuse) and how he will "take me back, no questions asked" when I'm done screwing all of California. It also had the phone number for our "new marriage counselor" and...AND he wrote in plain black and white that when my parents house got robbed three years ago, it was him who did it. I hit a breaking point. I called the cops, filed a report and now he is going to jail. I don't know for how long, I'm going to call tomorrow and find out some more information. Until then...I don't think I'll be sleeping to well knowing he may get out and knows where I am. That is so scary to me. *sigh* I can't believe any of this is real. It's so hard...

4 comments:

The Wicked Stepmonster said...

Wow.

Is there somewhere else that you can stay for a few days?

I am so sorry you are going through this, but I congratulate you for your courage. You got out and that takes a huge amount of strength. Please, be very proud of yourself and don't let him take that away from you.

Don't you just hate it when you are screwing the entire state and can't even remember it. I mean, you would think something like that would at least stick in your memory . . . .;)

Lori G. said...

I'm catching up too but I really am proud of you. I know from my family members' own experience how hard this is to do. I do hope you're okay and found another place to stay for a while. (Is it possible for him to be charged with your parents' home robbery?)

Take care!

D said...

Good for you for calling the cops - sounds like that letter was all the proof they needed. Stay strong! You're doing the right thing to not only protect yourself, but other women from this dangerous man.

Amy said...

That's all you can do is call the police. And then hope that they lock him up for a while. Maybe he'll get some counseling help while he's in.