Thursday, December 6, 2007

Gimme a V, Dot the I, Curl the C-T-O-R-Y! VICTORY!

As everyone that reads my pathetic little ramblings of mumbo jumbo and whining knows, C and I have been trying to get the Ex to let 9K live with us. We prayed on it everyday. So get this! Sunday, the Ex takes C outside to 'talk' then I get invited out like 20 minutes later to hear, lo and behold, either God sat down with the Ex and had a heart to heart, or a flower pot fell off a window sill and hit her on the head, because words I never expected to hear were coming out of her mouth.

And I quote:
The Ex: I can't take him anymore. He's in my face yelling at me, throwing his hands up like a gang banger, he is wearing bandanna's under his hats, and now he wants to toilet paper houses.
Me: *stunned silence*...That sounds difficult.
The Ex: It's crazy. I love him so much (Que crying) he's my son you know? But I can't control him and I'm scared for myself and for his sisters if he stays here.
Me: (I said something but I don't remember what it was...I felt awful she was crying)
The Ex: C has control over him, and I know he respects you, K. You are that perfect balance between toughness and love.
Me: Ah, well, ya know, I try.
The Ex: No, really. I want that maternal figure around him, but you can do that K, and I can't.
Me: *stunned silence once again*

I can't believe she wants to do whats best for her son. I can't believe she admitted that SHE thinks I can do it...

Crazy what comes from prayer....

New Schedule:
All Kids: Wednesday night (new addition: They sleep over and we take them to school/daycare in the AM) Still every other weekend.
9K-will be with us ALL days except Thursday evenings and every other Friday and Saturday with pickup at 10:00 AM on Sunday. (even on her weekend)

She willingly cut her visitation down to less than 8 days a month. Waking hours she will be with him? Less than 2 full days. Wow. I only hope God gives me the strength I will need to raise this boy. There is going to be a lot of change around here!!! Pray for us... and Hoooray for a fabulous Victory!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! It is great that you guys all realized 9K should live with you, and kuddos to you for being willing to do this for him.

Alice Nelson (Playgroundropout) said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you :) And I'm sending you lots of love and prayers - I know it's going to take a lot of patience and strength to raise a 9 year old boy, but I know you can do it!

:: hugs ::

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear it. I know you will be a stabilizing influence on him. Once he sees how good success feels, I know he'll stay on that path. Good for you for praying about it and being supportive of it.

Summer said...

After reading just a few entries in your blog- particularly the one about the school project- I knew he'd be better off with you. Now you have the chance to get him on the right path and keep him there with love and guidance. Congratulations!

TripleKTrouble said...

Thank you, Thank you. All your comments are soooo very appreciated! We told him last night that he will be moving in with us next Sunday. :D He is excited. Thank you again, I love the support, it is sooo needed on this path!