Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ahem I'm not dead.

So I know I said I would post regularly since I was back online at home, but the thing is, I have always done most of my posting at work, (aka on other peoples time) and since they decided I was spending too much time on their computers (yeah yeah whateva) they turned them off/locked them up. So I've gone 3 weeks with out even so much as LOOKING at blogger. Well muah-ha-ha they left it on today and baby is sleeping plus my homework is done so here I am. Typing away. I've missed writing so much. I've starting having angry dreams, you know the ones where you wake up and glare at the perfectly innocent party lying in bed next to you? I think it's because I've been neglecting my writing. Last night I dreamt C had scattered my neatly color-seperated laundry ALL OVER the house looking for one shirt. I mean it was everywhere. Dirty clothes everywhere. And the worst part? He didn't care! This is one of my biggest pet peves. I have between 4 and 5 laundry baskets out at all times to keep it from even touching my floor, not to mention the big one in the closet. So all together I have 3 in the closet, (one of those large seperator ones) 1 in my bathroom, 2 in my bedroom (one of me, one for C) and 1 in the kids room. That is 7 laundry baskets. I'm a nut case, I tell you. So I woke up this morning angry as a cat in bathwater glaring at him. That was when I decided I needed to get back to my writing. :)

Updates:
We had a big meeting at 9K's school with (deep breath) the principal, the school psychologist, the assistant school psychologist, the school nurse, the head of the Special Ed. department, and of course, his teacher. C, the Ex and I all came too. We squeezed into this tiny little room and sat in little bitty chairs. It was very informative but on the same level C and I got quite upset. They were all pushing for 9K to be put on meds. They argued with C and I up and down about the diet he's on and how we are holding him back by not puting him on meds. I felt like I was in 7th grade again being asked to smoke pot. The guilt trip was immense. We went home, sat down and took a deep breath and talked for about 2 hours. We think the diet is helping. We think it would help a HELL of a lot more if the Ex didn't screw it up every other weekend and on thursdays by giving him pure crap. We think the vitamens are helping. We think the consistant schedule is helping and we think the fact we put him in sports is helping. (His first soccer game was last thursday! sooooo awesome!) He has his first appointment with a child psychologist next tuesday. We are doing everything possible to keep him off meds. We had a talk with the Ex and she is going to 'try' to do the diet as well and we will see if that helps. The school people said we are running out of time and he needs meds now but C and I begged them to let us at least try this for 2 months. So we are fighting basically the whole school board and his mother to keep him from being a little drone. We are working so hard, and I feel more and more everyday like there is this big countdown clicking over his head until he gets taken in and perscribed drugs for something I KNOW we can control with out them. *sigh*

As I've mentioned since 9K has moved in with us, the Ex is now calling every night to get C to control 4K. It's rediculous. I've had it to here with this crap. I'm furious she wants to put 4K in kindergarten because it's free and she doesn't have to pay for daycare anymore. 4K has not gone to preschool. Her daycare provider does "preschool things" but it is not in the strictest sense a preschool. 4K does not know her colors, she does not know her numbers, she can't write her name, she cant' stand in line, she can't sit still during circle time, just to start the list of reasons she needs Preschool. Her daycare provider even said she's not ready. So last night I told the Ex this. She said she knows I'm trying to help but it's her decision. I replied, Her and C's, correct. But by now she should know that C's choice is what we have discussed or basically, my decision. I'm so irratated she keeps calling me because she doesn't want to talk to C. I have told her countless times it's between them mostly cause I just don't want to get in the middle. But at least this way she won't call me for a while cause now she's mad at both of us. lol...

Other than that life is busy crazy as always..I hope everyone is doing great and Happy early Valentines Day!!!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

So obviously I've missed a post somewhere or another...what is 9K being "diagnosed" with? I only put it in quotation marks cause I don't know that he actually has been diagnosed with anything so I'm just curious. Also, I just wanted to say that you are so brave! You are only one year older than me and taking on not one, but three stepkids! I can't imagine having more than one stepchild right now. Oh, and glad you're back.

Stephanie said...

I hate that the school system can try to push you into doing something like medicating your child, when you really don't believe in doing so. I don't understand their push. You're running out of time for what?

Seriously. Hang in there. Stick to your guns. We've been down that road, too, with Velma. The consistent schedule eventually helped out a LOT. She has calmed down considerably and, though she lacks focus, we're working on that, too.

Meds aren't always the answer. Has he been diagnosed by a therapist or a doctor? Or is just the school saying he needs meds? Just curious.