Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Responsibilty Sucks", says the 10 year old.

Agreed, says I. But it has in fact been working. After fits, protests, screaming and going boneless crying, he has finally started to realize I mean biz-ness. I even spoke with his teacher about it, and she said just what clevergirl did. :) He is now actively trying to solve problems on his own instead of wanting me to explain every problem basically solving it for him. Laziness is most certainly the sin of the year in this household. Drives me batty. Thank you everyone for the encouragement, and support, it means a lot to me to read all your comments.

Now onto what I am struggling with today. I want to invite the Ex to church. It bothers me that she doesn't go, and I know it bothers the kids. She also says, "Oh my G" which is banned in our household. I don't know how to go about it though. Also I don't know how I would be able to sit back and 'share' my most comforting, renewing and relaxing moments of my week. I pray for her all the time, that she finds peace with God, and is changed by Him, but yet I myself am not being Christlike when I selfishly hold MY church to myself. It should be something I should seek to help her, being what I want to be instead of what I am. We are not good people who sometimes do bad things, we are bad people who sometimes do good things, because if we were good people who did bad things we could be consistantly good, but that's impossible. So I seek to be the better person, and share the solice I find in God. The selfish part of me wants her to say no. But I also think that if she just heard what our Pastor preached on, it would move her heart. And that means more to me than my own comfort. So I think today, I am going to pull her aside, since she is talking to me again, and invite her to come Sunday. I'll even try not to wince. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Brave girl. While I agree with your thoughts entirely, I KNOW that I could not be the bigger person in that arena. Church is my refuge. We DO pray for ED a lot, and we've had folks from our small group offer assistance to her family when she's been hospitalized, but I don't think I could ask her sincerely to come to our church.

Let us know how that goes for you, though. Here's praying that the ex in your life is sane enough to manage that whole thing. :)

TripleKTrouble said...

stephanie, please Email me your password so I can read your blog again!! :) porcelainstar@hotmail.com