Friday, March 21, 2008

9K...isn't it always?

So I have this week and next off from work because it's spring break for the school district here. Today I have 4K all day, and we have had a great time coloring eggs and hanging out with Princess (my 9 year old sister) 4K looks up to her so much! It's precious...
Well, 9K is at his grandparents house today, even though it is not their spring break yet. He was suspended from school yesterday afternoon and today. I guess from what I can gather, 9K has been hanging out with this boy Alan, and Alan was expelled from his last school and is new there. He is not in 9K's class, but they see eachother afterschool and recess and walk to ESS together. Well I guess yesterday the boy Alan tried to get 9K and another boy to go beat up some kid. From what 9K told me him and the other boy told Alan no, but stood by while Alan threatened this kid. The kid told on all three of them and they all got suspended. This is his first offence and I honestly believe he wouldn't threaten another kid. He likes littler kids, he likes to help with them and never ever picks on them. Right now 9K is quaking in his boots of facing his dad this evening because he knows how his dad feels about that. Unhappy. :P

4 comments:

Mister-M said...

Yeah, I've had my share of experiences with physical confrontations with my own 9YO. They're tough, but thus far, haven't resulted in suspensions.

We just gotta press-on and teach them the seriousness of potential consequences (long-term) of getting a reputation in the school system. Alternative schools are oftentimes enough to scare even bullies straight. With a good kid, it usually reinforces that which you've taught him already.

Good luck!

~Mister-M

The StepMom said...

Does this happen with all 9yr old boys?

Because it seems to be going around, at least this year?

Hope the anticipated waiting for Dad, while shaking in his boots, works for the long term. I know it did with my dad :)

2KStepMom said...

K- I just stumbled upon your blog and it was like reading my own diary (if I had ever written one...I am so bad about that). From the Ex not bathing the kids to her disconnect with homework and ADD accusations and the lack of her caring about the girls...any care all, to be honest with you. I am 25, have been with my man + 2 girls (8 & 11) for 6 years, and am constantly struggling with the 'egg donor.' (that's is what SuperDad and I call her). Anyway, sorry to ramble...I just wanted to reach out and let you know that there is another loving, not-so-evil stepmom out there just trying to do the best for her kids. Props to you and if you ever need an ear, I am here. Ciao~Courtney

Lani said...

Where be you? We miss you!!

- Lani (aka Alice Nelson, Playgroundropout).