Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Proceed with Caution

So I know it's been a long time since I've written on here, but that's because I have a real live physical diary now that I write in just about every night. It's the first time I've had one in forever. Mostly, because I knew if C ever found such things I would be monumentally screwed. So life is going really well...My restraining order went thru, they gave me 3 years which I guess was kind of a big deal. I hear that 98% of the time they only give 1 year. So that's done. The same week I filed for divorce. He has 2 more days to put in a response but seeing as he is moving out of our old house over the next few days I doubt he is going to be doing that. I downloaded the judgment packet to complete, ugh, I never knew there was SO much paperwork for divorce. No wonder people hire lawyers...just so they don't have to deal with the paperwork. Best part of the last month is I met someone...Wasn't looking for it, by any means, but I guess that's when they stumble into your life, right? He has a similar background, married to someone with kids, no kids together, divorced...his reasons were much much different, but still things I can relate to. He cooks, he's gorgeous, he's half Italian like me, comes from a great family...we are taking things really slow so I like that too. Other than that my life has mostly consisted of going out with friends, shopping, and basically healing. I am in a really good place. :)

No comments: