Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Twitching Continues

Okay, so I've tried to talk to C, and I'm getting no where. Night before last I approched him, and in my most sweet and timid voice asked him about this summer and what we are going to do. I said, "If I can't handle him this summer (remember I'm supposed to watch all 3 Demons all summer since I was vollen-told) what are we going to do?" His response? Nothing. He wouldn't even talk to me. I waited patiently for about 20 minutes then phrased the question again. C blew up at me, telling me he wants a divorce because I can't handle 10K and he's going to choose him over me. So we haven't spoken till today, and now he's acting like nothing ever happened. Apparently I'm still watching 10K this summer. Apparently I'm still married. Ugh. I think we've hit the breaking point...it's forward or out from here on...Wish me luck

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man...I hope you guys are able to get things straightened out. Good Luck.

perdido said...

This is a toughie, but the fact is, he is creating the problem by supporting 10k's misbehavior, therefore he should be the one to handle the problem he's created so perhaps you should tell instead of ask that you are not watching 10k this summer. I know easier said than done! you are in a very difficult situation and I feel for you.

Amy said...

I agree with cassee. He's created the problem by not mandating respectful behavior from his child. He hasn't set rules for him, he hasn't enforced the rules that he has set, and there are no consequences. He's creating a problem and then expecting other people to fix it.

However, that being said. That is his child. And the children should always come first to the parents. He can't just get rid of his 10 year old child because the kid acts like a monster some times. If that were the case- no parent would have any of their children. Mine have all acted like brats - more than once. And when the were bratty with their dad giving him their opinion of the situation- he walked away and never looked back. And it accomplished nothing other than he doesn't have any kids any more.

You don't have to be the sitter. You don't have to be the baby sitter. I feel for you. I also feel for the child who's acting out and not being very lovable but is still a child. Best of luck working thru all this.

jules said...

I disagree - I don't think the kids come before the parents. After the kids are grown and gone what do you have left? And without a strong relationship between the two of you, working together, how good of parents can you be anyway?

I agree that you should just TELL him that you aren't going to watch 10k. He has made it obvious that 10k is HIS kid, so HE can be responsible for him.

Summer said...

Clevergirl has a good point. 10k is his kid, not yours. C needs to make arrangements for 10k's care himself. Tell him you're not watching 10k this summer. It's his kid...his responsibility...yadda yadda. I just feel bad that you have to feel guilty about something that's clearly not your fault.

Meesha said...

Oh, my heart goes out to you, it really does. It's not fair for C to just expect that you watch 10k all summer in addition to enabling his poor behavior. Good luck.