Monday, September 3, 2007

I love to see 'em come, and I love to watch them go

So for whatever reason, this weekend was kinda hard. We spent friday night, saturday AND all day sunday at the pool. I am amazed my hair is not bright green. I have really long light light blonde hair and (disgusting I know) I have yet to wash it since saturday morning. In my defense I was dragged into the pool time and time again so washing it would have been a waste of time anyways.

Cutest thing this weekend: Little known to me, C has been feeling really bad about what happened before back to school night, (he made the cardinal mistake of asking ME to babysit so him and his ex wife could go) I was so hurt, and I just said, No I'm sorry I can't do that. I'm not their babysitter. I do want to be involved in their lives and if you don't wish for me to go, that's fine, I'll stay home. But I'm not going to babysit on top of it. He apologized and told me that he didn't think I would want to go, (guys are stupid sometimes) but he was stoked that I wanted to and would love to have me come. His mom got so mad when he told her what he had asked me. Ha ha, I guess she reamed him about how rude and disrespectful that was to me. (I'm starting to like this woman) So anyways, yesterday we were being the rebels we are, went down the Welk Resort, snuck the kids and ourselves into their miniature water park and spent the afternoon there. So onto the cutest thing (I know, I dally) 9k asked for C to go down the water slide and he said no, I have to stay here with 3k and 6k. So 9k said, but K can watch the girls! and C (thinking he's putting me in the babysitter position again) says, no, that's not her job, she's not their mom. and 9k says, BUT SHE'S GONNA BE! (cuteeee!!) *sigh* precious. I laughed and later C said, well you know 9k is right, you ARE kinda going to be! Yep. I am.

Later I told C that I don't mind watching the kids in the pool/whenever, it's just when it entails letting you go so your ex can play house with you that I get upset. Not to mention, telling the kids that "that's not my job" may give them the idea that I don't care to watch after them and might just let them drown or something. He then tells me how guilty he's felt since the Back to school incident and doesn't want to put me in that position again. Sweet sweet man. After we get married, I will put up a wonderful photo of all of us. I want to get pictures taken, you know those classy WASP-y one's where everyone's wearing linens and we all look as if we just got back from a wonderful day at the beach. tan and smiling. Obviously anyone that believes that's how you come home from the beach with kids has NEVER been. The whole day it's 'there's sand in my food' 'he threw sand in my eyes!' 'there's sand in my swimmy!' (swimmy=bathing suit or strap on flotation device) The whole day revolves around sand. The drive home is miserable because everyone's tired and sandy, you finally GET home or if you're lucky just drop them off at the ex's (muah-haha) and bath time is a terror because (omg how do they manage to get sand IN EVERY ORIFICE) and then you try and get them to lie down in bed but they are so exhausted they just start making this high pitched, squeaky toy/dying giraffe noise which means 'I want to be downstairs with you.' but you send them back to bed...oor let them lay on the floor downstairs. watching spongebob. (brain-rotting garbage) *ahem* not to say that ever happens at my house. never. ;)

So the ex came to pick them up at 4:30 yesterday...it's the first time I've ever seen her come pick them up. We always do all the picking up/dropping off. I guess she has some indescribable fear of driving...? I think it's more like laziness, but hey...that's just me. I let out a big sigh after they left, and turned to C, who looked back at me so sweetly, and promptly stated, "let's go get drunk!" so we did. and I asked him, now what are you going to do in a few years when WE have kids? He'll be going, when are they getting picked up! and I'll be reminding him they stay with us because they're ours. He then came up with the genius idea of putting them in the ex's car when she picks up HER kids. haha...I can just imagine the phone call. "UMMM...you're kids were in the back row of my car. Again."

~Escaping-ly,
K

No comments: