Tuesday, November 20, 2007

9K cont.

Wow, that's the most comments I've ever gotten on a post! I'm really glad when I see people put time and energy into commenting on my page. I appreciate everyone sharing their thoughts.

So to answer my own questions about what the Ex thought more on me overstepping...Nothing more. I guess it was a fleeting thought because she asked us to watch them Sunday and everything was business as usual. 9K asked what I met with his teacher about, it was so cute. He goes, "Was it a bad meeting or a good meeting?" and I said, "It was just a meeting to talk about things." and he goes, "Oh, so it was a...creative meeting?" and I laughed and said, "Yes! Exactly! A creative meeting." and it was left at that. I cleaned his room and their bathroom with the help of a friend who is down visiting from Monteray. She had gone to church with us and was therefore dragged to the Ex's house. lol...The Ex went on and on about how she was thankful I cleaned and was super nice without a hint of sarcasm or meanspirtedness. (is that a word?) No mention of the meeting, nothing. I'm glad. I didn't want things to be awkward because as far as our relationship goes, we get along. There is no screaming or name calling between us, (C and her is another story though) I keep my thoughts about her parenting skills to myself and we just go on all hunky-dory-like. As a person she isn't bad. Honestly if we were the same age we would probably be friends. But as my future stepchildrens mother? Depressing. C put it really well, "Honestly Ex is doing the best she can. Unfortunatly for the kids, this is her best. She lacks the capacity to care about anyone but herself, and it's sad, but true." And I agree.

Funny Moment:
My friend was all hackles up when the Ex got home because she is super protective of me. I told her to be sure and be polite. Well, the Ex looks at 9k's room, and we had stacked the bags and bags of trash outside the room in the hallway, and the Ex goes, "I hate seeing this trash in the hallway, I think I'm going to just put it all back in 9K's room for now..." Hahahhaha I saw my friends face turn purple. We suggested putting it in the trash can outside. Which we did. When we left my friend was like, "OH MY GOD. K, you weren't kidding! Who does that?!"

Sweet Sweet 7K...made a turkey with feathers that had what she was thankful for written on them. One said, I'm thankful for my mom and dad because they are nice to me. The next one said, I'm thankful for my sister because she plays with me. The next one said, I'm thankful for my teachers because they are nice...and then...on a hot pink feather...it said, I'm thankful for my step mom because she lets me play with her hair. :) *heart swelling with love* Nothing beats that feeling. I would sit through a lifetime of crappy bad news parent teacher conferences just for that feeling. :)

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog. I am a step-mother to 3 kids (ages 7,6,4). Right now they are living with their mom, but we had them full-time all summer. Step-parenting is definitely a unique challenge, but I can't imagine what it would be like to have their mother behave the way the Ex does! I am feeling really lucky that our situation is as good as it is. Even though it's REALLY hard being far away from the kids right now while my husband finishes school. Hang in there! I can tell you really love your step-kids and are trying to do your best as a parent.

MiChelly said...

It is always the little things that swell the heart... I have a little shelf of them lol. And it all started with a pinch pot lol.

Very nice of you to clean 9K's room at the BM's place... That is beyond what I could do!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that litte hot-pink turkey feather. Those are the moments that make all of the crap that comes with being the Wicked Stepmommy worthwhile. It's a little piece of their hearts that I hope to see when they're old enough to understand how things really were.

My little hot-pink turkey feathers came in the form of cards and gifts at Mother's Day. My card from Velma said, "I love my Mom (wow, the actual word) because she's a really good driver and never gets in wrecks." That's truly hysterical because The Egg Donor has wrecked their car a multitude of times over the last year. Ha!