Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Exhausted

So C got a new job, and it has him working the nights and weekends we usually have the kids...so this past vacation week I had them Wednesday alone, Friday alone and Saturday alone. I usually treasure my alone time with the kids since it is mostly a rarity but dear Lord...by the end of Saturday I was ready to throw them all in a river. Don't get me wrong, I love them so so much, but I can only take so much whining/crying/fits/emotional break downs. They aren't used to their dad being gone like that since he has never had to work on weekends before, and so every TWO seconds they were asking me when he was coming home. It was like a mantra. "I said 6." (two seconds later) "I said 6!" (two seconds later) "I SAID SIX!!"

4K got in big trouble on Friday. We were at C's parents house, and they are neurotic about their furniture/floors/counters/everything and whenever 4K is being naughty she sneaks into a corner of the front room (the off limits room). So I see her sneaking and being quiet so I call out, "4K, what are you doing? What do you have?" "Noooooottthiiiing" Uh huh. Sure. So I go over there and ask again, "What do you have?" "K, I said Nuh-thing!" (with that smirky attitude I so very much hate) So, I pick her up to find her lying on a red marker. She's not allowed to have pens and markers because she draws on herself. So then Grandma walks in the room and starts gasping like a fish so I look to see what she's gasping at, and 4K has written all over the couch, and on a side table in red marker. 4K immediatly starts bawling. A four year old did this?, I thought. I was so taken aback. I just stood there and Grandma put 4K face first into a corner for a really long time. Personally it's not how I would have handled it, but since it was her house I didn't stand in the way of her discipline. I was just really shocked. I would expect that from a two year old, but a four year old knows that's wrong. So I've been wondering what made her act out like that. Perhaps its because she wasn't getting attetion since I was reading my book and Grandma was cooking. I really don't know.

On a good note, 9K finished his report, and did a fantastic job. We broke it into 4 parts so he wouldn't have to sit forever and get bored and stressed. It was really great to see him work so hard. I wrote a note for his teacher in his writing folder that said we were very proud of him. :)

Funny moment: The ex asks if 9K got his report done, and I said, "Yes he did."
And she goes, "Well then I'll go ahead and e-mail the teacher."
So I told her, "Don't worry about it! I already talked to her."
The Ex: "Oh...this week?!"
Me: "No, but she knew that I would be working on it with him and she lent me a class writing book (show exhibit A), gave me his writing notebook (show exhibit B), and knew it would be in on Monday."
The Ex: "Well I bet it was really easy because, I mean, he looked almost done with it."
Me: "Actually no, it took a lot of hard work on his part because it was not even near close to done. He had an Idea. I don't consider that, "nearly done"
The Ex: "Oh."

Slowly but surely the tide turns in my favor...

:) I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! C and I had a nice little dinner by ourselves Thursday then with his parents and the kids on Friday. (Then I went and got drunk with my friends...I sooo deserved my girls night out!)

2 comments:

MiChelly said...

Oh wow! It took a long time for me to trust the kids with pens, markers, even crayons being left out in the open. The kids, at the time (ages: 8, 6, and 4) would color on whatever wall they were sitting next to with the pens and markers. The crayons would get dropped into the floor heating vents just to watch them melt into the carpet.

Yay on the report getting done!

Alice Nelson (Playgroundropout) said...

Good for you! And I'm happy that you went out and had a girls night out!! You definitely deserve that :D