Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What's wrong with this picture




To expand on the stinkiness of my youngest step daughter...4K and her sister share a room at their moms house...and it is SOO SOOOOOO filthy. I can't even begin to describe the filth. Knee deep. How's that? Well today I had the kids by myself because it's a holiday so I didn't work and they didn't have school. Which also means... I had to drop them off. Alone. *dun dun dun* I asked the Ex if she would mind me cleaning the kids rooms when I got there because then at least maybe I could do SOMETHING to spare them the vile mess they live in. So the Ex said sure and by the way she wasn't going to be home and oh, would I be so kind as to watch the chillins until she gets back? (half an hour she swears) So she left at one, I didn't get to her house till 1:30 and ummm she didn't get home till 6:30. But I certainly kept myself busy! I spent those entire 5 hours cleaning the girls room! I didn't take a single break. It was so disgusting. My teenage dirty brothers room isn't as bad as this was. She claims they have no clothes...Well maybe that's because they are on the bottom of the knee deep piles of TRASH. I can't even begin to tell you how foul it was. I am one of those weird people that gets personal satisfaction out of organization and tearing apart a whole room and redoing EVERYTHING doesn't really daunt me. I gutted it. I took all the furniture out. I took all the toys out (that I didn't throw out!). Then I had to vacuum like 20 times because the carpet was SO dirty. Then I got down on hands and knees to pick melted crayon off the carpet. Most of their clothes were in their brothers room, so I retrieved them, moved the dresser out of the closet (I know, What is that in their for?) and rearranged the furniture and put all the clothes in their designated drawers and all the toys I didn't throw away finally had a home in the fully shelved closet that was previously completely blocked off by the dresser. Oh and get this. The dresser was full of clothes! Buut...you know what size these clothes were? 6 months-18 months. That's right. A girl who wears 4T and a girl who wears size 7 live in this room. And their dresser was chock full of baby clothes. Yucky baby clothes at that. I mean, I understand saving precious memorable stuff. But seriously, this was just crazy. So I took out all the clothes that were 20 sizes too small and put them in a big box in HER room! :) I let her know she could go through them if she pleased. They had shoes (piles and piles of shoes) that didn't fit either of them that were just trashed and gross. (again, nothing to save) Not a single thing was folded. 7K kept her clothes in a broken drawer under her bed, because there was no where else for her to put them. It was downright depressing. But, it is beautiful now. Clean, organized...ahh...So the Ex gets home and you know what she says? "oh. thanks....you didn't do 9K's room?" *pause* WHAAT WOMAN?! I just spent 5 hours doing the most back breaking cleaning I've ever had to do in a child's bedroom and all you have to say is 'gee why didn't you do his room too?" This is where in my head I'm smacking her. She. Just. Doesn't. Get. It. It is beyond her range of understanding.
How did she get past the point in evolution where we walked on two legs? Her responses to seemingly easy-respond situations astound me. Does anyone else ever look at their fiance/husband and think, "Wow. What drug was HE on when he married this wacko?" Because I do. All the time.
How did she get past the point in evolution where we walked on two legs?
In other news. I have decided that stressing myself out about the condition in which the children arrive in our care is not worth the time and effort. Yes. They are dirty. Yes that is bothersome. But I'm NOT, I say, NOT going to spend the next fourteen years stressing over the minor things. They are fed. They are alive. It's nothing a good bath, and a washing machine can't fix. *happy note* I taught 7K how to wash her own hair today. That should up her cleanliness level. She was pretty excited about being able to do it all by herself. Oh and before I left the ex's house...7K grabs me and drags me up to her newly beautified room and asks me to pick out her outfit for the next day. (standard procedure with C and I at night) It made me smile. I'm glad to see I'm rubbing off on them. :) Perhaps there is luck for their future living spaces after all...





No comments: