Friday, November 7, 2008

It Gets Worse

So I tried to talk to the Ex, and tell her that I am tired of the name calling and I honest-to-God want a decent relationship with her, and out of nowhere...I had just started talking she starts screaming, "Why are you and C getting drunk and fighting in front of the kids?!!" What? What the Hell? Not only is that bogus, it was completely out of context and reason. Apparently 8K, Mommy Dearest's Golden Child, said we were drunk and fighting and she was scared in her bed. Well, I don't care if this is true or not, I tell the Ex what happens in our house is none of her GD business. Yes, a few weeks ago we got into a tiff while the kids were sleeping, and damn I feel bad if it woke them, but we weren't drunk and fighting. That makes it sound like we got wasted and decided to have it out in the living room throwing beer cans at each other. We went into our bedroom and I admit, we probably weren't using our library voices, but dear lord is this where the false accusations start? Are we going to wind up in court with her claiming we get drunk and fight every time the kids are at our house? Lovely.

So, she hung up on me about 3 words into what I wanted to tell her because she started screaming this nonsense at me and I told her, loudly, to mind her own. She then turns off her phone. I swear she's 15. I feel much better though. I texted her and told her the name calling has to stop, I won't stand for it any longer.

On a side note, C and I wrote a letter to 8K's teacher, explaining that now there was a letter on file with the school giving me 100% permission from C to get information, speak to teachers, including parent-teacher conferences, phone calls, and e-mails. What does the teacher do? Apologize? Call? E-mail? Nope. She tells the Ex that she is mad that C gave her this letter. I helped him word it all, but it's his name on it, and his signature, and she goes and tells the Ex! I'm soooo speaking with the principal. Fine, if she doesn't want to see that if 8K needs help, we are the only 2 who are going to give it to her, than so be it!

I hope everyone's having a better Friday than me.

4 comments:

Blueydmuse said...

Oh my gosh... that's terrible. Hope things improve for you.

Stepmonster said...

I would go as far as getting a durable Power of Attorney document drafted up and provide them that.

perdido said...

Sounds like maybe this teacher has some personal issues related to this and is not seeing it objectively because I really don't know why she is being so contrary about it unless that is the case. What is it to her?????

Stephanie said...

I agree with cassee01. Sounds like the teacher has some issues. I wonder if you could talk to the Ex about the drinking/fighting thing by illustrating some of the things the kids have told YOU about the way things go at her house. When kids put themselves in the middle, it usually goes both ways, as long as they get a reaction.

Sounds like it's been a crazy few days... sorry. :(