Wednesday, November 5, 2008

When you think it can't get worse...

So, Sunday C and I were driving back from our lovely trip to LA. It was crazy but it was a lot of fun as well. It felt great to get away. Sometimes it's depressing for me though. I sit in my friends grunge apartment, pictures of the two of them everywhere, no toys, no school schedules posted, no calendar marking days of custody...just them. None of my friends have any children, theirs or otherwise, so I feel very alone a lot. They call me to go out but of course I'm usually stuck here, making dinner or nagging someone to clean their room, helping with homework, or one of the other ten thousand things I do that I don't have to. Anyways...that's another tangent for another post. So, we were driving home and C's phone dies. He asks me to text the Ex, and let her know she can drop 10K off at 7:30. Note: As of her past weekend before this with him we told her it is her responsibility to drop him off at our house Sundays because we do ALL the other driving. So she texts me back, obviously it had been a bad day in CrazyLand because it said "You can't F-ing spring this on me! NO!" To which I politely reminded her that it is her responsibility to drop him off on her Sundays. She then stated she had no gas at all, and no money, which of course we didn't believe because then how did she plan on getting to work all week? I told her Sorry, see you at 7:30. She never texted me back. Well that worried me, but C said forget it, so I tried to enjoy our last hour of alone-ness. Then C's dad calls. The Ex had 10K call Grandma, crying that mom didn't have any gas money and was he going to have to stay the night at his moms and miss school because no one could pick him up? Could she please pick him up? So she did. Now C and I were furious that his mum decided to do this, because it just plays right into her little game, but we could see how she hated to see 10K put in the middle of her craziness. So C calls and 5K picks up the phone. She says, and I quote, "Daddy don't yell at Mommy. Mommy says you're going to yell at her." To which my husband sweetly replied, "No I'm not sweetie, please give mommy the phone." Then he could hear Her saying the back ground, "Hang up on him 5K. Hang up!" And she told her Daddy, "I'm sorry Daddy, but Mommy says I have to hang up on you."

Then she texted and left a message on my husband phone calling me a B and saying "did the control freak tie you up so you can't talk to me?!" Like I forcefully have to pull him away.

It's days like that when you raise your hand and say, "Um, I didn't sign up for this. I didn't sign a waiver? There was no liability release?" Where was it I put in blood I would stand idly by while being called names? I've never been treated so badly by someone I haven't punched in the face. Hmm...maybe that's next....

From CrazyLand-
K

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Aww...what a sucky situation! *Hugs* I hope she's stops putting the kids in the middle...that's so selfish of her!

Stepmonster said...

Curious how C responded to his text. If I were him I would respond in an e-mail with... "Your opinion of NSESM (that's you) is of no consequence to me so please keep them to yourself. It is not in our child's best interest to demand that she hang up on her father against her wishes, and I ask that you refrain from doing so in the future. I apologize that my phone died and that I needed to have NSESM (that's you) text you instead. When you're ready to speak to me where our conversation can be respectful to each other and productive let me know. Thank you.

Sorry you have to deal with that, unfortunately I think it's part of the package. I hope it gets better...soon.

TripleKTrouble said...

C didn't get the text and message left on his phone until the next morning since it was dead. He showed and let me listen to it. He constantly gets pissed at her when she calls me names when they are actually on the phone, so now she will only text it or leave it in messages. Cool for us though, all the easier to save and show the court...We try to laugh her off, and not let it get to us. She calls him worse things than she calls me.