Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Homeless Kids Part 2

Sorry this is the first chance I've had to update! So, the cop came about 10 minutes after I got off my computer, and I went out onto my porch to see what happened. Well I hear the cop talking and asking if there was a fight, what was going on, etc. Apparently he was not briefed on the situation. Well Joe got nervous cause the Lady was right there, and sent the cop away! I saw the cop come down the stairs and called out to him, and had him come into my apartment and explained everything. Well, needless to say, this guy was a retard. He goes on to tell me that they are not 'homeless' since they have a roof over their head, and there is nothing he can do because the kids aren't screaming bloody murder. He said, and I quote, "If they were kidnapped or something, they would be screaming and fighting and telling people." Uh, riiiiight. Obviously this man has never been versed in child psychology. So he left. I was PISSED, to say the least. I texted Joe to come over, and he did, and I ripped him a new one about letting the cop leave, and made him call the cops back right then, which he did. He said he was scared. I called him a pussy. So Joe and I wait for an HOUR for this cop to come back. He had seriously just left when Joe called. So by this time it's 1 am, and the cop goes in to check things out. I think Joe was scared of me, otherwise I'm sure he would have just let it slide. He seems to be a huge confrontation avoider. Anyways I am sitting on my balcony, freezing to DEATH waiting for the retarded cop to come back out. So after seriously 10 minutes (not a long enough interrogation I say) he comes out. Well I go inside and press my ear to my front door because I'm seriously that nosy. The cop proceeds to tell them that she does not have a criminal record and the kids would have said something to him if they were kidnapped. Then he left. I just about threw a potted plant at his head. I searched the website for missing and exploited children, and found a sister with 2 brothers who have been missing since June 29th. They looked very similar to the 3 kids. The girl was blond, one boy dark hair and one blond. Also, I got a good look at the girl, and from what I saw and this picture it was a striking resemblance. I just don't know what to do! The Lady and kids packed up and left this morning, so now they're gone. It is weighing very heavy on my heart that something very wrong has happened. I am just at at loss about what to do. I haven't the slightest where she went, and the cop said the only way he could take the kids was if he found them on the side of the road. Ugh. I'm quite upset with our police right now. It's not right. She didn't even have to prove she should HAVE these children let alone what she's doing living in a car with them. C pointed out that the 3 missing kids on Missing and Exploited Children went missing from MD, but still...she could have traded a car with MD plates for a CA one... I just don't know what to do. I'm worried sick there are parents out there wringing their hands and crying over their missing babies. I have been praying all day for the safety of those kids, since I am at loss over what else I can possibly do. Please pray for them! It got me thinking about all the homeless kids out there, and how if I came across someone like that I wouldn't care if I had to have C hold her down, I would take the kids away. Ugh. Well I guess I'm going to spend the night chewing my cheek and trying to find a way to be at peace with what's happened. Say a quick prayer for me too...

Dear God,
Please look out over your children tonight, and comfort those that are hungry, cold, scared, or alone. Let them see your grace and love, that they are never truly alone, no matter how ugly this world can be. Watch over the three I saw next door, and be with them now as they are probably scared. Give them peace in their hearts and let them sleep easy and dream beautiful things. Watch over the lady who is with them, and put it on her heart to care for these children, or find better care for them if she cannot. Give her peace in her soul and be with her. Thank you for your way of opening everyone's eyes and showing us that we are your plan to fix this world. That we are the ones who should care for the children left behind. Amen.

In the Lord's name,
K

No comments: